Wednesday, October 28, 2009

location, location, location!

There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to get married in Philadelphia (frankly because I love the city I live in and planning a destination wedding just plain scared me) and I knew I wanted to get married in a location with history. My search finally ended when I visited Morris Arboretum... I fell in love. Not only was there history there, but the scenary was beautiful, the exposed stone carriage house I dreamed of was there for the reception, the staff was so helpful, and I could envision myself visiting the park time and time again with my husband and my future children.But in my pre-wedding dream state, I had dreams of having my wedding in many different locations- the Society Hill Rose Garden (where my husband proposed), large historical estates and castles within the area, and even the Philadelphia Zoo. Every place I visited I would instantly have a flash of the entire set-up of my potential wedding in my mind. But there was one location, that everytime I walk past, I think, this would be a wonderful, unexpected location for a wedding... Headhouse Square:Slightly enclosed but still open to the cobbled city streets... I envision strung lights and a lot of candles, a cocktail party atmosphere with lounges set up for casual mingling. I think I love this location because it reminds me of the time when I saw a dinner table set up on a patch of pavement in between an intersection of city roads... it was this elegant, dinner party set up- with white table linens, crystal glasses, small colorful bouquets, candles and the most elegantly dressed family sitting down to a celebratory dinner- just set up in the middle of an intersection. It still seems surreal... and this would be my way of reenacting that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment